Wednesday 22 August 2012

The Great Acting Blog: As The Blog Reaches It's 2nd Birthday, Here's A List Of All Movies Mentioned In The Last Year"

Irenejacobred2
August 25th marks the 2nd birthday of The Great Acting Blog, and for the final post of year 2, I've created a list of all films which have been referenced in the blog over the last 12 months. 

It has been another wonderful year of blogging, again I have made many wonderful friends through doing it, and I've taken great delight that so many readers have identified with and responded strongly to what I have written, and I've enjoyed arguing with those who haven't agreed with my point of view. I'm very proud to have introduced guestsposts this year too, they have been of very high quality, and added richly to our conversation about acting. I offer a big thank-you to all those who have supported the blog through the year, and to all those who've contacted me with positive comments - it really means a lot. I hope you keep reading, and I look forward to another 12 months of blogging.

I do hope you are able to sample some of the films below, there are some real masterpieces in there, and I've added a link to the blogposts in which each film was mentioned.

James.

 

1. Will It Stop Raining In Summer (James Devereaux) - The Joy Of Acting, Stills For Will It Stop Raining In Summer, 22 Principles For Better Acting, Acting Weird, Will It Stop Raining In Summer.

2. Piccadilly (EA Dupont) - Actors Need To Reclaim Acting

3. Audition (Milos Forman) - Authenticity

4. Phone Box Gun (James Devereaux) - Phone Box Gun

5. Deconstructing Harry (Woody Allen) - Actor As Auteur - Woody Allen

6. Manhatten (Woody Allen) - Actor As Auteur - Woody Allen

7. Chimes At Midnight (Orson Welles) - Why Actors Quit

8. Les Choses Sa La Vie (Claude Sautet) - Life Through The Dramatic Prison

9. I Hried A Contract Killer (Aki Kaurismaki) - The Acting Style Of Phone Box Gun

10. Colour Me Kubrick (Brian W Cook) - Make Choices You Enjoy - John Malkovich In Colour Me Kubrick

11. Moborosi (Hirokazu Koreeda) - Actor As Artist - Makiko Esumi In Maborosi

12. Farewell Home Sweet Home (Otar Ioselliani) - On Actors' Aura

13. The Double Life Of Veronique (Krzysztof Kieslowski) - The Shy Poetry Of Irene Jacob

14. Trois Couleurs: Rouge (Krzysztof Kieslowski) - The Shy Poetry Of Irene Jacob

15. The Dust Of Time (Theo Angelopoulos) - The Shy Poetry Of Irene Jacob

16. The Unbelievable Truth (Hal Hartley) - A Beautiful Object

17. Le Samourai (Jean-Pierre Melville) - Artist As Movie Star

18. Boredom Of The Disgust And Monotony Of The Tediousness (Rouzbeh Rashidi) - Boredom Of The Disgust And Monotony Of The Tediousness

19. HE (Rouzbeh Rashidi) - With And Without Object

20. The Hunchback Of Notre Dame (William Dieterle) - A True Actor-Director Collaborator

21. I Do Adore (Mario Mentrup) - I Think I Let Him Play A F**ky Vampire

22. L'Histoire De Marie Et Julien (Jacques Rivette) - There's No Such Thing As A Transformational Actor

23. La Belle Noiseuse (Rivette) - There's No Such Thing As A Transformational Actor

24. L'Enfer (Claude Chabrol) - There's No Such Thing As A Transformational Actor

25. Nelly & Monsieur Anaud (Claude Sautet) - There's No Such Thing As A Transformational Actor

26. Un Coeur En Hiver (Claude Sautet) - There's No Such Thing As A Transformational Actor

27. The Audition (James Devereaux) - The Audition Lowdown

28. Tales Of Ordinary Madness (Marco Ferreri) - Acting, Ambivalence & The Creative Urge

29. Under The Sun Of Satan (Maurice Pialat) - Gerard Depardieu In Under The Sun Of Satan

30. We Need To Talk About Kevin (Lynne Ramsay) - 5 Best Performances In Films I Happened To See In 2011

31. Archiepelago (Joanna Hogg) - 5 Best Performances In Films I Happened To See In 2011

32. The Skin I Live In (Pedro Almodovar) - 5 Best Performances In Films I Happened To See In 2011

33. A Matter Of Life And Death (Powell & Pressburger) - 5 Best Performances In Films I Happened To See In 2011

34. The Shop On Main Street (Jan Kadar/Elmar Klos) - 5 Best Performances In Films I Happened To See In 2011

35. Harakiri (Masaki Kobayashi) - A Tragic View

36. Somewhere (Sophia Coppola) - Create Precisely The Body Of Work You Want

37. Mr Smith Goes To Washington (Frank Capra) - Why James Stewart Quit

38. Closure Of Catharsis (Rouzbeh Rashidi) - Closure Of Catharsis Q and A

39. Jeanne Dielman (Chantal Akerman) - Delphine Seyrig in Chantal Akerman's Jeanne Dielman

40. The Homo Sapiens Project (Rouzbeh Rashidi) - Reality & Illusion

41. Repast (Mikio Naruse) -  The Narusian Setsuko Hara

42. Ladybird Ladybird (Ken Loach) - Crissy Rock In Ladybird Ladybird

43. My Name Is Joe (Ken Loach (Ken Loach) - Crissy Rock In Ladybird Ladybird

No comments:

Post a Comment