Saturday 30 July 2011

Kevin Smith's Brilliant Response To Jounalist's Criticism Of His Self Distribution

Kevin Smith on Twitter earlier...

"Crowd distribution, self distribution or Indie 2.0? http://t.co/tDyB9SH " Dude called me arrogant for NOT spending on marketing Isn't it more arrogant to say "SPEND 10 TO 20 MILLION TO SELL MY 4 MILLION DOLLAR MOVIE!" Also the author branches into fiction when he says I "alienated most of Hollywood". How is this even remotely true? I'm making two TV shows with "Hollywood". The author lives in the UK; how could he possibly know what "Hollywood" is thinking? He says my model works for me only, then deems corporate sponsorship of film to be "smart thinking". So strange to write for a publication called THE INDEPENDENT and write something so sheepishly dumb. This hack calls me arrogant for self-distributing; I call him a shit writer and a corporate boot-lick. Now THAT reads likes smart (and true) thinking. Via @Adolfo_Acosta "why give this jackass more press?" I know. It just bugs me. I spend all of my time telling people that ANYONE can do what I do. And this ass-hat wants to dismiss it as only for some. Why not encourage EVERYBODY to go for it? If an "arrogant" idiot like me can make it work, why not YOU? But shitters like this would rather tell you it's "smart" to have corporate sponsorship, over simply DOING IT YOURSELF. I've spent the last 20 years trying to empower the audience because I WAS the audience. And this cry-baby bitch with a platform to an audience - who could also potentially encourage and empower them to whimsy chase & get it done OUTSIDE any system - instead DISCOURAGES; simply because he's still mad that his free press screening was canceled. Fuck this toad. Why be discouraging? Even if you HATE my guts, why not USE that to say "If fat, stupid, Kev Smith can do this, how can we NOT try it? The man's a fool & a tool, so we've got a real shot too!" But instead, "smart thinking" is to go with your hand-out to brand names in order to tell your personal story, instead of doing it yourself."

No comments:

Post a Comment