Friday 3 June 2011

Drifting Clouds Blog: If It's Rubbish Turn It Off

I recently watched a film that was so phoney, where the filmmakers and actors displayed such a lack of commitment that the film could ONLY have been made to get me to part with my hard earned cash, no proper attempt was really made to even amuse me, and this happened to the extent that it started to demoralise me. So I switched it off after 45 minutes. Apparently we are supposed to be respectful and always see a film through to the end, but I wasn't going to waste another hour of my life and risk depression on this feeble pile of gak.

I put a different film on, Sam Fuller's House Of Bamboo, a film, so it turned out, that was so beautifully crafted in all aspects (and containing a brilliant performance by Robert Ryan) that not only did it entertain me, but it refreshed me and left me stronger.

If it's rubbish, turn it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment